What should you not put on your baby registry?
Don’t add things you don’t need. That sounds simple enough but it’s actually really hard. When you start looking through baby registry checklists and baby registry ideas, it’s so easy to get caught up in WANTING. I mean, you want the best for your baby, and everything is so darn cute. But, trust me, unnecessary things just takes up your already crowded storage space and are a hassle to get rid of.
After 2 babies I know a thing or two about this. Here are a few things that I found to be a waste of space and money. Stay focused and resist the urge, lol.
- Baby shoes – shoes never stay on and can inhibit normal growth in infants
- Wipe warmer – the wipes just dry out and the baby butt can handle room temperatured wipes
- Baby towels and robes – they never ever stay on, and the diaper must on
- Pacifier wipes – you will go crazy if you have ti use this every time the pacifier ends up on the floor
- Diaper stacker – this is cute until you have to fill it or can’t reach your diapers, think practical
- Bath thermometer – just use your wrists, it’s free and easy
- Baby food processor – use a regular blender
- Bumbo chair – don’t force your baby to sit up before it can, it’s also a safety hazard
All things are of course debatable and subjective, I mean all babies and families are different, but there are some kind of consensus among most mums around these items. A lot of parents also peg the Diaper trash can as unnecessary, but I absolutely love it. The special plastic bags does cost a little but they keep all stinky stank at bay. That’s worth something.